Join Us Login

Alcohol Registration Scheme

Alcohol Wholesalers Registrations Scheme - we’ve got this covered

Starts Saturday 1st April

From the 1st April 2017 the government is introducing an Alcohol Wholesalers Registrations Scheme (AWRS)

This means that if a company sells alcohol to another business it will need to register for the Alcohol Registration Scheme (AWRS)

From the 1st April 2017 if you buy alcohol to sell from a UK wholesaler, you’ll need to check that the wholesaler has registered with HMRC and has an AWRS Unique reference Number (URN)

Rest assured you can source all your requirements at Palmer and Harvey with peace of mind that you are fully compliant.

Peace of mind with Palmer and Harvey that you are fully compliant.

Palmer and Harvey URN: XDAW00000100301

It will be an offence for anyone selling alcohol in their business to buy from a wholesaler who is not registered.

If you purchase alcohol from a no-registered (AWRS) supplier, you risk:

As a purchase of alcohol, you are responsible for ensuring that all of your suppliers are registered. Ask your supplier to provide their unique registration number (URN).

You will be able to validate this on the wholesaler registration database website. This evidences that they have been approved to the wholesaler registration scheme.

Visit:  for full details of the scheme and a list of approved Wholesalers